Saturday, December 18, 2010

Plans for the second half the school year

Looking forward to the second half of our school year. I will be adding some grammer, writing, vocabulary and spelling to Jenna's language arts. I have been looking into some reading material for her reading level. I have a list started on my amazon wish list. We will also be studying prehistory and geography.






Here is a look at what we will be using



Grammer - first language lessons



writing - writing with ease



spelling - spelling workout



vocabulary - wordly wise



reading - mid to advance 2nd grade level

Explode the code workbook 3 and then move on to the next





Math - Horizons book K 2



Writing - Handwriting without tears 1st grade



history - prehistory - The Usborne Internet-linked Encylopedia of World history, charlies playhouse timeline, lots of books and hands on actvities. I got alot of great ideas from this blog http://satorismiles.com/curriculum/prehistory/lesson-1/



Geography - Evan Moor beginning geography - Around the world coloring book - Geography from A-Z - maps and globes and lots of books on relating to the country we are learning about.





Art - Artistic Pursuit The way they see it



I will slowly be adding the new subjects to her schedule. And at this point I am unsure of how many times a week we will be doing each subject. I am just going to take it slow and easy.

No comments: