Saturday, January 22, 2011

A 4 day school week

This was a short school week, but Jenna still got a weeks work of school work done.

Math - Horizon k book 2 - she did 4 lessons this week and some addition/subtraction math fact reviews. She also worked on some money review.

Reading - Explode the code book 3 - 2 lessons completed. She also did some reading aloud and some reading by herself  without me asking her too. I love seeing her do that.

Spelling - Spelling workout B - She did two word lists for spelling. So that is 20 words. She missed 2 on her spelling test on friday, have and skin. She does know how to spell have now, but for some reason she keeps putting a c in skin.

Grammer - She really loves her grammer lessons. We reviewed nouns - she is learning about person and place nouns. She seems to be understanding for the most part which are common nouns and proper nouns. She also remembered most of her second poem that she needs to memorize. Oh, and she is learning to answer in complete sentences. She needs some input from me at times about answering in complete sentences, but other times she remembers herself.

Writing - Writing with ease level 1 - She is doing very well with her copy work and her narrations.

Geography - She is doing very well when it comes to memorizing the continets and such.

Art - Artistic pursuit preschool - She did a lesson, which was fingerpainting. I really want to incorporate more art into our week.

It was a good week. I hope to have more planned out for next month. Some of my upcoming lessons are on hold because I don't have the books I want, so I will be searching for some new lessons. Maybe incorporating some science into our week. Jenna does like experiments.

No comments: