Saturday, January 8, 2011

First week back to school

Wow, I am surprised on how well Jenna did adjusting back to school this week. I wasn't sure what to excpect after being off for a whole month. But she did great. So far she is liking all the new curriculium. We ended up starting up everything, but the prehistory. Not what I had originally planned. I thought I would have to ease her into all the new curriculium.

Here's what she did this week

Math - Horizon K book 2 - she did 2 lessons and lots of math fact review. She alos reviewed money, telling time and wholes/halves.

Reading - Explode the code book 3 - she did 2 lessons and lots of reading.

Spelling - Spelling Workout B - We played spelling ball and did some of the spelling exercises in the book. She got two of the ten words wrong the first day we did a pretest(this was before I showed her the words for the week) and then got all of them correct on her spelling test Friday.

Grammer -First language lessons level 1 She did 5 lessons - she learned the definition of a noun - memorized her first poem (I will try to get a video of her reciting her poem). - and some narriation.

Vocabulary - Wordly wise K - She learned 10 new words. We read a story, learned the words meanings, worked in the workbook and read a poem.

Writing - Writing with ease level 1 - We did two weeks of lessons in one week - She did her copy work, which taught her about capitailization at the beginning of the sentence, proper word spacing and punctuation at the end. She also did some narriation.

Geography - We talked about north,south, east,west and the 7 continents. Read Me on the map. Talked abouth the difference between a mpa and a globe.

Art - Artistic pursuit preschool - She did her first lesson. Using crayons, she did a beautiful picture of flowers in a vase and added some bugs. I bought her a sketch pad to use for this.

I am very please with how well she did this week. Prehistory won't be started until I purchase the two books that I want. I am considering trying song school latin eventually, I think that she would love it. We also had some fun in the snow this week, played wii just dance kids and nickeledeon fit. And crafted some snowflakes out of coffee filters.

No comments: