Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day four

Wow, it's almost the end of the week. We are slowly figuring out what works and what doesn't. I let Jenna take the lead when it comes to this.

Math works best first thing after circle time, spelling is going great, but the worksheets they include are just busy work(so those will be no longer). I am thinking of just using the dry erase board and making games out of her spelling words each week. When it comes to writing and practicing in her workbook, she moans( she knows I am going to want her to form her letters the correct way by starting at the top). But the funny thing is that 1 minute into working in her book, she is eager to do more and forming them correctly. Then when we are finished, she goes right back to starting from the bottom again, so I try to gently remind her to start from the top(then I get the I know with an eye roll, lol). Everything else seems to working and it doesn't seem to matter what time of day we do it.

If we are up in time in the morning, we start our day with Sid the science kid on PBS before we begin school. And we break for lunch at the same time, so she can catch Arthur on PBS.

Hours after schooling was done for the day, Jenna came up to me and asked with we could do some more school work. It's moments like this that make homeschooling her so worth it.

No comments: