Monday, July 26, 2010

K4

This is our plan for K4 this year.

Horizon K math (starting with some reveiwing and then we will begin with lesson 40)

HWT k - some letter review using this and working on writing on lines.

Spelling- Evan Moor grade one (she loves to spell)

ETC. and OPGTR(need to pick this up, we will be starting after the CVC short vowel words).Lots of read alouds, star fall, biscuit phonic books and easy readers.

Character building

All about me and family, neighborhood and community, some geography and holidays.
Some fun science throughout the year, starting with Seasons.

Arts and crafts which we love to do.

Playing outside, story hour and indoor playing.

A little more about some of what we will be doing for Character building and Social Studies

Character building is mostly coming from books(some I printed off and others). And then just discussing and implementing in our dauly lives. Today we start with respnsibility I will read and discuss what it means. I then have a chart that I made up for her to keep track of her daily responsibilities.

All about me and family, made up by me. I will read books, have her doing all about me and family activities. Like an all about me book, decorating her name using whatever she wants, all about me time line (with pics from her birth until now) and cooking some of her favorite foods.

Neighboorhood and Community, made up by me. Again lots of reading and discussing. We will be taking a walk around our little town, we live right smack in the middle of town. I am going to set up times when we can come and visit some of the places. We have the post office (which she will mail off her pen pal letter and hopefully get a tour), pizza shop (hopefully she can come in at prep time and see the crust made and such), we will visit the man next door(that will be for neighbor) and he has a small business, Bank (she will open up her savings account), the store (which I hope she knows the rest of her coins by then, I will let her pickout and pay for it herself), the library, the ice cream place, the hardware store and more.

Geography will be making maps of her room, the house, the playground, and our town. Also learning N,S,W,E and using our globe. Taking a look at the world map and the US. I printed some things from Evan Moor and then some is just made up by me.

Holidays, talking and reading about them. And lots of hands on activities.

No comments: