Friday, July 30, 2010

End of our first week

Can't believe how fast our first week went. It was a good one, that's for sure.

Jenna had her first spelling test today and she got all of them right. Her words were, a, am, an and, at and the. She also did very well with her math. I like the spiral approach in the horizon math workbooks. We also worked on her phonics and she is close to mastering all her short vowel cvc words. So far she knows about 45 of her sight words and we are working on about 10 more right now. I like to pull the sight words from the books she is reading to me and make a memory match out of them. I read alot to her, I am trying to show her the love of reading. She does pick up a book here and there to read without me asking, but not often enough. She would rather write and draw in her free time. Oh and she does read me the stories that she writes, so I guess that would count for her reading on her own. Writing went good today. She told me that she will try to start at the top when forming her letters. Then she said to me, now if you need to remind me to start at the top, remember to say please, lol. I love this age because everything she says is so innocent and exactly how she's feeling at that moment. So another day of homeschooling done and I can't imagine any other way I would of wanted to spend my day. I am so thankful that I am able to stay home and teach my daughter.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Sounds like your first week went great!

The Outgoing Introvert said...

Sounds like you had a great first week! Awesome!

Just a suggestion, it would be great if you added your friends button so that we can sign up to follow you!