Thursday, August 12, 2010

Almost the end of the week

For some reason I thought it was Friday today, even after doing the calendar. So because of me thinking it was Friday, Jenna had her spelling test and reviewed the words from previous weeks. She spelled them all right. This is kind of silly, but after she spells all her words right, we do the Jenna got all her words right spelling dance. Nothing like Jenna and mom shaking their booty, lol. Handwriting is coming along great, I am seeing improvements. This week she blew me away with her reading, it is amazing. We are getting reading to work on consonant blends. The one night she read a whole book by herself to her stuffed doggie. I really love our Horizon math, it is a keeper. She just started to learn about place value today and reviewed adding with the number line. We started reading and discussing about being respectful. Character building to me is very important and I feel that the younger the better. We have worked on responsiblity in the previous weeks and she is implementing it daily. It's still summer, so when it comes to science or social studies, it is hit or miss if we are going to do it each week. I would rather her be outside playing with friends and just having fun. Rain or shine we try to get outside. She loves putting on her bathing suit and playing in the rain. Which we did earlier this week. She also has been busy playing a new game that she won at the reading program. And enjoying her box of 96 crayons that she got today. I am thankful to be homeschooling my daughter. I love being a part of my daughters growth academically and in her everyday life.

No comments: