Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mid week

Wow, it's Wednesday already. This week is flying by.

I decided to change how we do our spelling. I will be pretesting on Monday's and what ever words she gets wrong will be her spelling words. I am finding out that she already knows how to spell alot of words. I am also going to take words that she spells wrong in daily writing and use them as spelling words. As far as writing goes she is improving daily. I picked up some double line paper, so that I can have her start doing some copy work. She will be writing to her first penpal pretty soon and I would like her to write on the lined paper. Math is still going really good. And reading is awesome. She is working on consonant blends and is doing very well. We went for a walk today to set up times to visit the different businesses in our community. We will start doing this the first of the month.

So far so good this week. It's been beautiful outside so we have been outside playing with friends. Once summer is done we will buckle down more.

Oh and we have some rockets that we will be using for science class. We just need to build them first.

No comments: