Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My little artist and writer in training

A typical day for Jenna is filled with lots of writing notes, stories and drawings. So it got me thinking how can I nurture what she excels at. Thanks to this blog, satorismiles.com, I found some really great curriculum that I think would be great to use with Jenna.

When it comes to art, I am going to use Artistic Pursuit, The Way They See It. And if we like it, they have other grade levels which we will use. I am also going to pick up Drawing with Children.
As far as writing goes, I am going to try wordly wise for vocabulary(since she is always asking what certain words mean) and she seems to think that this colorful curriculum will be fun. Write source k is on our agenda as well(which should nurture her creative writing). I don't want to schedule to much in her daily schedule, because she is only 4. So, these will be 100 percent child lead of when I am teaching them. I am hoping to make these new additions fun and enjoyable for my little girl.

No comments: